Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Portobello Mushroom and Goat Cheese Sandwich

Much to my surprise, this was really good and not very hard. It is basically veggies soaked in balsamic vinegar, grilled and served on grilled bread spread with goat cheese. What can go wrong with that! Next time, I will leave the goat cheese out to soften a bit more before spreading on bread. In reading back through the recipe I just realized that I did not include the basil leaves in the sandwich. Frankly, it wasn't really needed but I'll bet it would have added an interesting touch. If I cook these in NJ in July, we will definitely have to try with basil.

Believe it or not - only two recipes to go - and we may have left the best for last! Provencal Rack of Lamb avec Chocolate Cointreau Tartlets for dessert! This will have to wait until the weekend of the 4th when we are all together again so we will just sneak in under the wire!

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment