Friday, June 4, 2010

Turkey Drumsticks Slathered with Barbecue Sauce

This is pretty easy once you find the turkey drumsticks. Whole Foods has them if you are looking. The ones they had in stock today looked more like troll food than turkey! All I can say is this must have been one big turkey. The BBQ is more or less standard fare so as Mrs. Grill'n would say, you can skip this one unless you happen to be a big fan of turkey legs. One tip - don't get the fire too hot. The drumsticks want to cook for a couple of hours and if the fire is too hot they burn on the outside first and then take a long time to cook through.

We also had our favorite grilled asparagus and our new favorite, grilled plum tomatoes which take about 5 minutes and are really good.

Only SIX recipes left!! We should be in good shape to finish the book before the wedding.

Steve - any sign of the monster grill?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mr. Koczela!
    So I went over to my aunt's house yesterday... and realized I may have forgotten to remind my uncle that the grill was coming and when. As I walked in the door, my aunt exclaimed, "There is a huge box the size of a refrigerator in my garage..any ideas?" With a smile and a wink, my uncle added, "You said it was going to be big, but now she can't park her car in the garage!" Hee hee...your massive grill has arrived. :) Aunt M. and U.P. can't wait to see what you are going to make on it! :) :)
    hugs,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their car won't fit in the garage? Oh my. Maybe they could set up the grill and park their car in it!

    ReplyDelete